I Switched To Netlify
Previously, I was using GitHub Pages to host my blog. I switched to Netlify after encountering a strange issue with GitHub Pages. Every time I deployed to GitHub pages I would have to go to the repository settings and add the custom subdomain back. That issue was frustrating and oddly enough I was looking for an alternative. I came across Netlify and I instantly fell in love with it.
If you don't know what Netlify is, its a static website host provider. They make everything incredibly simple from the dashboard to 1-click https and fast setup. I gave it a try was surprised how nice it was.
The reasons why I like Netlify thus far...
- It's free (for personal or open-source projects)
- Supports custom domains
- Supports HTTPS (Generates a Let's Encrypt Cert)
- Has Continious deployment (every time you push changes to your repo your site will be deployed if the build passes)
- Incredibly easy to use
- Integrates well with GitHub
- Can do everything GitHub Pages can do
If you're looking for a host provider for your open-source or personal project I would highly recommend checking out Netlify.